A Top 50, national law firm are seeking an IT Portfolio Manager to join their Nottingham office.
As an IT Portfolio Manager at this Legal 500 firm in Nottingham, you will work closely alongside the IT Executive to ensure that all projects are managed, implemented and reported against smoothly and successfully.
You will also liaise with the Change & Infrastructure Director to ensure all projects are in line with the firm's strategy.
- Managing CapEx spend against approved IT investments/projects
- Providing progress updates to the IT Director and Change & Infrastructure Director against the IT roadmap
- Measuring and monitoring the success of IT projects and solutions implemented to ensure they are performing in line with the business case and the anticipated return on investment – in addition to identifying and resolving issues that are impacting the success of the initiative
- Working collaboratively with individuals, teams, departments and key stakeholders across the firm
- Working closely with the Head of Business Improvement to ensure potential initiatives are captured and IT resource requirements are anticipated
- Working with the Change Managers to ensure the business is aware of the initiatives being implemented in a timely and effective manner and continue to be implemented once the project is finished and has transitioned into BAU (business as usual)
- Proactively stay close to, scope and monitor the external and internal environment to ensure a forward-thinking approach is adopted and sustainable solutions are identified
- Managing the IT Project Managers, IT Business Analysts and IT Training team
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Solid experience leading a large portfolio of IT projects whilst managing a team of Project Managers and Business Analysts within a professional services firm or as a consultant (ideally within the legal sector)
- Project management and programme management qualifications, with at least 5 years' experience of applying Agile (Scrum), SDLC (Waterfall) and Prince2 methodologies is essential
- Experience of adopting a consulting and solution-focused approach
- Experience managing IT system deployment projects
- Full understanding of IT software and infrastructure
- Experience running projects which introduce organisational and process change to business functions
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience of project/programme budgeting and roadmapping
- Familiarity and compliance with the full range of regulatory policies and procedures, including equal opportunity and diversity, data protection and confidentiality/security, anti-bribery and anti-money laundering, etc. You will also be required to undertake mandatory compliance training as required
Standard working hours are 9am-5pm and benefits include enhanced employer pension contribution, private medical cover, income protection and life assurance.
We often close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Please apply now for immediate consideration.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Nina Gibbs at G2 Legal on 0121 609 1069 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.