A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced medical negligence legal assistant to join a well respected and long established law firm in Manchester city centre.
You will join the firm's specialist medical negligence team and work alongside senior solicitors on a wide variety of pre-litigated & litigated medical negligence claims.
You will be required to be enthusiastic with a passion for client care and the ability to use your initiative to support the team in all aspects of the management of cases.
A relevant law degree or GDL qualification, with previous legal experience and a good understanding or previous experience within medical negligence, is required.
The firm is based in Manchester and is offering a competitive salary banding, long term progression and excellent benefits package.
As a medical negligence legal assistant, your duties will include:
- Assist senior solicitors in handling a caseload of varied medical negligence cases, receiving regular training, and guidance from colleagues in the wider team
- Manage initial contact with clients over the phone, understanding their needs and taking relevant action
- Carry out legal research as and when required
- Support senior solicitors by carrying out admin tasks such as preparing documents and arranging meetings
- Use and update the case management system, keeping client records accurate and up to date
- Draft content to use on the firm's website.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.