A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Law Costs Draftsman to join a well-respected law firm in York. You will be required to have previous experience working within law costs, and the firm are offering a competitive salary banding and excellent benefits.
- To prepare bill of costs for detailed assessment
- To prepare cost claims for submission to opposing solicitor and the Courts
- To undertake negotiations
- To preparing Statement of Costs for summary assessment
- To prepare and costs budgets
- To preparing Points of Dispute and Replies
- Preparing applications for interim Costs Certificates and preparing hearing bundles for Detailed Assessment
- To represent the Claimant at hearings for Assessment of costs or Costs budget hearings (where such representation is within the ability of the Individual)
- To seek assistance from the department head/colleagues in respect of unusual or difficult problems arising on cases
- To seek to maximise chargeable hours
- To adhere to the Company’s Financial Management and Invoicing/Credit Control policies
- To liaise with the Finance Department and Debt Recovery Department as necessary
- To assist in maintaining the legal aid clinical negligence franchise
- To negotiate payment terms and standard terms of business with experts
G2 Legal is a legal recruitment company recruiting in North Yorkshire. Visit our website for more jobs or contact Gemma Taylor on 0161 207 2000 today.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.